Before Your Installation
It's important to know what to expect before your hardwood installation!
At Innovative Floor & Design, our team will work tirelessly to provide you with a hardwood installation experience that is satisfactory. We will do so by way of open communication and establishing clear outcomes.
Prior to your installation, a member of our team will walk you through the entire process, answering any questions that you might have along the way. On installation day, we ask that you make sure children and pets have vacated the premises and that all furniture has been removed from the room(s) in question.
During & After Your Installation
- Prior to the installation, our team will be in communication about the timeline, and they will do everything in their power to stay within those established parameters.
- There are two basic methods of installation; they are glue-down and nail-down.
- For a glue-down hardwood installation, the general process involves spreading adhesives on your subflooring and laying the hardwood planks individually. Your crew will cut the hardwood pieces to fit the layout of the room while ensuring that no gaps exist at the culmination of the job
- For a nail-down hardwood installation, a similar process will be followed as the glue-down installation, but instead, the crew will use nails instead of adhesive.
- When finished, your crew will complete a walkthrough with you.
- You may want to run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.